You know that ghastly sweater on your consignment or resale shop’s back-room charity rack? Those $1 sweaters cluttering up your NFP charity thrift shop’s racks?
Turn them into something wonderful. This scarf made from reclaimed sweater sleeves got me started. Once I got started I couldn’t stop.
- A PDF from Savers/ Value Village on making a wreath.
- You could make these pillows while the turkey’s roasting.
- DuH may be getting this for Christmas from me.
- Trace the nephews’/ nieces’ hands for these mittens: a holiday tradition in the making.
- These 10-second ornaments/ gift ties don’t even need an icky sweater. Try those icky wool plaid pants that were going into the rag bag.
- Lots of these ideas involve felted sweaters. Here’s how to accomplish that.